Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

never born

Masajo 真砂女 1955 age 49


生まれざりせばと思うとき雁帰る

umarezariseba to omou toki kari kaeru


Lee & Emiko’s English


when I think

I should never have been born---

departing geese

I was extravagant in my way of living, but never thought it was a happy life.

How many times have I thought of not coming into being ?


Seasonal word: departing geese ( spring )


sakuo haiga


haiku Masajo

To All


A half of the book titled [ Love Haiku] has been pictured.

It takes one year.

I will keep to paint it’s haiga one more year.

Love Haiku contains Masajo’s selected haiku. And it is translated by Lee Gurga and Emiko Miyashita into English.

Thank you for your patience.

sakuo.

8 comments:

John McDonald said...

I look forward to this well done sakuo san
john

Magyar said...

summer birds leave
in flight to another life
a rooted tree

The thoughts of breath, adventure, and stability, all in this single haiga, Sakuo San.

_m

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

very nice work! and very powerful.

Gillena Cox said...

The wonder of creation is itself a reason to want to live and to live contentedly

much love
gillena

Unknown said...

Thank you John san,
You always are very kind enough.

sakuo.

Unknown said...

Magyer san,

I could feel that you have got same imagination that Masajo, Emiko and I wished to convey.
I am happy to have a good reader like you.
Thanks greatly.

sakuo.

Unknown said...

Andrew san,

Thank you for your comment.
I am pleased to hear your enjoyment.

sakuo.

Unknown said...

Dear Gillena san,

Your encouragement is always very appreciated.
Thank you a lot.

sakuo.